Deadline: The closing date for applications is 31 May 2018 till 23:59 (local time)
Working language: English
Date: 22-29 July 2018
This Summer School is for 35 participants
Baku International Multiculturalism Centre launches the next International Summer School – 2018 for students and researchers who are interested in enhancing and deepening their knowledge on Azerbaijani multiculturalism. The Summer School program provides a great opportunity to explore new topics regarding Azerbaijani multiculturalism and benefit from Azerbaijani experience to make a progress in the study of multiculturalism in general.
What are the goals of the Summer School?
The Summer School aims to bring together students who have passed the course “Azerbaijani multiculturalism” at their respective universities. Along with the interactive lectures on different aspects of Azerbaijani multiculturalism, the participants will be given an opportunity to experience the realities of Azerbaijan while having chance to travel to regions, where they can explore customs and traditions of different ethnic and religious groups. In general, we can identify the following main goals of the course:
- providing theoretical and practical knowledge about Azerbaijani multiculturalism;
- raising awareness about the university course “Azerbaijani multiculturalism”;
- bringing together all students and researchers who are scholarly and practically interested in multiculturalism.
The course of “Azerbaijani multiculturalism” has already been delivered at the following universities around the world:
- Sapienza University in Rome – İtaly
- Wroclaw University – Poland
- Charles University in Prague – The Czech Republic
- University of Educational Sciences – Lithuania
- Ural Federal University – Russia
- Sofia University – Bulgaria
- Tbilisi State University – Georgia
- Belarus State University – Belarus
- Fribourg University – Switzerland
- Poltava University of Economics and Trade – Ukraine
- Erciyes University – Turkey
- Lusofona University of Humanities and Technologies – Portugal
- Augsburg University – Germany
- University of Wurzburg – Germany
- University of Malmo – Sweden
- Gadjah Mada University – Indonesia
- Sri Sri University – India
- Alexandru Ioan Cuza University of Iasi – Romania
How will you benefit from the Summer School?
While getting knowledge about Azerbaijani multiculturalism, students will also obtain practical experience which can help them to understand better some key points in the study of Azerbaijani multiculturalism. Summer school also provides students with the unique opportunity to collect useful materials regarding Azerbaijani history, culture and ethnography. In addition, participants will be offered such activities as sports, sightseeing and leisure.
Students are expected to share their experience gained during the Summer School with the students of their universities and other universities in their countries and abroad.
Participants who will successfully complete the program receive certificates at the end of the Summer School.
Who can apply?
Undergraduate, graduate and PhD students aged 18-35, academically motivated, fluent in English, who are willing to broaden their knowledge and are eager to learn the model of Azerbaijani multiculturalism.
IMPORTANT: All students are eligible to participate in the Summer School but the preference will be given to those who have attended the “Azerbaijani Multiculturalism” course.
The main criterion for selection is the applicant’s success in writing an essay (not less than 400 words)
We offer the following topics for applicants’ own choice:
- Multiculturalism and “Baku Process”
- Sources of Azerbaijani multiculturalism
- Azerbaijani model of multiculturalism in comparison with other models in the world
- Terror versus multiculturalism
- Ethnic diversity in Azerbaijan
- How Azerbaijani multiculturalism is viewed from your country
- Religious diversity in Azerbaijan
The deadline for submission is May 31st, 2018.
All expenses (except visa and insurance) — travel, accommodation and meals will be covered by the Baku International Multiculturalism Centre.
If you are ready to explore a new world, click this link and fill in the application form.
*Filled application forms and essays must be sent to email@example.com and email subject line must be formatted as follows: SS2018
Kindly note that your application will only be considered if:
Your application documents are in PDF format.
Your passport copy is attached.
Because of the large number of applications we usually receive, we will only contact those candidates who have been selected for the Skype interviews. If you do not hear from us on or before 10th of June 2018 you should assume that your application has been rejected.